Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - pivot sorting by measures

Hello community!

I am new in Qlik and I alrdy have a lot of questions! But at this moment I got stuck with setting up pivot table. I cannt find how could I sort my pivot table by measures. There is only option to sort it by dimensions. Is there any option to have it sorted by measures?

I use 6 rows and 2 measures and I need to sort it by one measure. It is mandatory for me to analyse data.

I have found a few questions regarding to this, but unanswered or outdated for old version of Qlik.

Thank you very much!

..DB

14 Replies
hariishr
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi, 

i also had same issue. wanted to sort by MEASURE, but under SORT block only DIMENSIONS are listed.

so using your solution got answer. thank you.

before SORTbefore SORTafter using code into EXPRESSIONafter using code into EXPRESSION

annug
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , Please share the code that you used in the expression. Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Annu

nrichards_au
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not sure if anyone is still experiencing issues.

But just copy the expression of your measure.

Then in each dimension use custom sort by expression and paste your measure in there. 

brunobertels
Master
Master

hi 

may be this :

aggr(
nodistinct
rank( sum({<yeardimension=>} Revenue),4),CustomerNames)

Derek_G
Contributor II
Contributor II

Its 2024 and sorting is still not an option in a pivot table.. Sigh.. However, a 'Table' visual offers a clean sort functionality by just clicking on the measure name within the heading, allowing users to sort Ascending or Descending at their discretion.