Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgsprous0808
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik sense automated regression testing/ Python API to connect to QLIK sense

We are employing Qlik Sense and need to implement automated QA/regression testing.  Ideally, we need to be able to write a program that:

1.  connects to a Qlik Sense Sheet, pulls out the displayed data

2.  connects to the underlying database on which the Qlik Sense Sheet is based

2.1 - applies ETL logic to 'raw' data from the underlying DB

3.  compares the two sets of data and flags any problems.  

Ideally it should be an API to a common language such as python.   If someone knows of an API for the first part (connect to a Qlik sense sheet and pull out the data) I can take it from there.  

There is an older thread on this question, however the solution 'Qlik Sense Scalability Tools' is deprecated at the end of this year.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Not sure if this helps, but here is the latest list of API exposed functions.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2022/Content/Sense_Helpsites/APIs-and-SDKs.htm
otherjainprince810
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am also looking some API based solution to get data into CSV or Excel from Qlik report/apps

anat
Master
Master

I am also looking for automotive regression test in QA. 

Please let us know if you find any solution. 

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One approach is to use the API called the Qlik Engine JSON API. Two examples of export to CSV-file and an XLSX-file is here in the Export the data of a generic object | Qlik Sense for developers Help

The data is contained in a so-called HyperCube in Qlik Sense which is one of different types (called modes or qMode): straight, pivot, stacked table, or tree.

See this article: HyperCube | Qlik Sense for developers Help

otherjainprince810
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your response.

I am beginner both in Qliksense and API. I am really not sure from where I can start it after reading your solution. So please guide me in such a way that I can start it.

Thanks.