Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik sense section access

I've searched around but can't find anyone having this issue (Qlik Sense 3.2 SR2).

I have an app in which I'm trying to get section access working, the issue I have is that it doesn't do anything.

First block of app:

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, %AUTHID, OMIT

ADMIN, DOMAIN\ME, ,

USER, DOMAIN\ME, '<ANY>' ,

USER ,DOMAIN\ME, 'TEXTKEY' ,

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

(Table linking %AUTHID is built lower in app and shows in data model)

I've tried limiting everything down to just:

USER ,DOMAIN\ME, 'FAKEKEY' ,

Or removing 'OMIT' field, changing name of '%AUTHID' to be REDUCTION, USERID to NTNAME and generally messed around a lot.

I expected to get blocked from my own app, but in all instances I can still see all the data. Do I need to enable this functionality in the QMC first, or are there user security roles that bypass section access? I can't find any mention of this in the documentation, only that I need to have the above block.


Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For anyone else that looks into this thread that experiences this:

I have found a workaround - between each alteration of the Section Access you need to completely close all instances of the app on your PC (includes cross browser), and open the app again. I've been completely closing all qlik sense tabs between changes, but I would expect that you can get away with just closing the app in question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OK that's odd - I opened the app up this morning and got an 'Access is denied' (Which is possibly one of the first times I've been excited to see a message like this).

I opened without data to put entries back in section access table. Works. Then tried to remove them again and once again have full viewing access with:

ACCESS, USERID, %AUTID, OMIT

USER, DOMAIN\ME,  ,

At a guess it appears to be some sort of caching issue (maybe). Tried different browsers (IE11 & Chrome), so at a bit of a loss again.

Not applicable
Author

For anyone else that looks into this thread that experiences this:

I have found a workaround - between each alteration of the Section Access you need to completely close all instances of the app on your PC (includes cross browser), and open the app again. I've been completely closing all qlik sense tabs between changes, but I would expect that you can get away with just closing the app in question.

Not applicable
Author

If you use "F5" key, you reset de qlik sense App.

jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can now test our new Product SAM that will fully automate Section Access Generation product.

It is no longer necessary to maintain a section access list in Excel or in your database, SAM offers you a complete web application that will secure all your data accesses.


A user can request access to an application with a simple form. Then administrators get notified and can assign the RESTRICTIONS and OMITS from the proposed fields values. User access are generated from on a single line per user, no need to generate tedious cartesian products and include all values to get a "*" value working correctly .

Moreover SAM is able to generate an automatic access section from the authorizations of the QMC, and Reverse Engineer existing section Access a time saving for simple cases.

More details on our website or contact me at jp.golay@ebiexperts.com

jp_golay_0-1639987982182.png

 

 

 

 

ebiexperts CTO
With WIP, Control everything!
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management