Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajasekhar6067
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense : Filter a table based on StartDate and EndDate

Hi,

I have a table of data which contains  sales information for an year. I need to filter the data in the table based on startDate and EndDate. Meaning, when a user select StartDate and EndDate, the table should display the data in between those dates.

To achieve this, I have created date dimension and created two filters, StartDate and EndDate

when i tried to filter the date column using the above two dates, it is failing but when i tried to filter the column by giving static values its working fine.

Ex: Variables vFromDate=max(FromDate); vToDate=max(ToDate)

Expression in Date column in the table =if(BusinessDate > '07/10/2018' and BusinessDate<'07/20/2018', BusinessDate) - Works Perfect. (uncheck include NULL values)

Expression in Date column in the table =if(BusinessDate> $(vFromDate) and BusinessDate < $(vToDate),BusinessDate) - Error

Appreciate your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you use Max or Min on a date Qlik will remove the text format of the date and just keep the numeric part. So be sure to wrap the Max and Min in a Date()-function to reapply the correct time format:

vFromDate = Date(Max(FromDate));

vToDate = Date(Max(ToDate));

The expression should then be:

=If( BusinessDate > vFromDate AND BusinessDate < vToDate,BusinessDate )

or

=If( BusinessDate > '$(vFromDate)' AND BusinessDate < '$(vToDate)' ,BusinessDate )

View solution in original post

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you use Max or Min on a date Qlik will remove the text format of the date and just keep the numeric part. So be sure to wrap the Max and Min in a Date()-function to reapply the correct time format:

vFromDate = Date(Max(FromDate));

vToDate = Date(Max(ToDate));

The expression should then be:

=If( BusinessDate > vFromDate AND BusinessDate < vToDate,BusinessDate )

or

=If( BusinessDate > '$(vFromDate)' AND BusinessDate < '$(vToDate)' ,BusinessDate )