Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimSharp
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Cyclic Periods to QlikSense

There have been a lot of articles regarding this topic but I'm very new to QlikSense and I've never developed in QlikView so most of the articles didn't give me enough information to start to design something like a Cyclic Period in QlikSense.  We recently migrated to QlikSense from QlikView.  A consultant did the migration but we are trying to do things on our own now and I'm trying to figure out how to finish what he started with a Cyclic Period application.  Our cyclic period in qlikview had options of week, day, month, calendar year and fiscal year.  Pieces of the code from QlikView, like the variables and the Period dimension were transferred during migration but if I try to apply the dimension to the sheet, there is nothing there.  I don't mind disregarding what's there and starting from scratch but all attempts I've made have failed.  It's just my inexperience with the app and the fact that the articles assume I know things I don't.  Can someone share with me a step by step guide on exactly what to do to create this?  

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Kim please check example 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @KimSharp ,

It appears that your question is related to another product Qlik Sense. To ensure that it gets the attention it deserves, I will move it to the Qlik Sense forum.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Kim please check example 

KimSharp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That's exactly what I asked for.  I have to adapt it to our data but I should get it done.  Thank you!