Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView to Qlik Sense Migration

Hi,

I have a QlikView dashboard (which is more than 500 MB) that needs to be migrated from QlikView to Qlik Sense. Using the "QlikView converter" I started the migration of the dashboard but it shows "the file cannot be converted as it is more than 500 MB". Is there any way we can shrink the file for migration?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks In advance!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Load a partial set of the data ("Limit load" in debug mode) or without data entirely, perhaps?

Qlikstu
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi 

There are a number of way to reduce the size of an app and there are many things you can try, some simple and some will require a bit more work. This is not a full list but to get you started: 

1. Reduce the amount of data loaded into your app. For example if it has 10 years worth of data do you need all of it? 

2. Remove unwanted fields in your script (comment them out). 

3. Drop any unecessary tables. 

4. If you have IF statements (in front end or in script) consider replacing "yes" "no" values with 1 or 0 (creating flags in the script)

5. If your model contains left joins, consider replacing them with Applymap() if you only need one or two fields from a particular table. 

6. Remove any unessary images in your QV document, they look pretty but rarely service a purpose. 

7. Load your data from pre-built QVD's not directly from source. 

If all else fails, consider how the app is used. Is it for more than one type of user (i.e. does it have multiple use cases?). If so it might be simply tidier, smaller and more performant if you split the app down into 2 or 3 smaller ones. I've seen a lot of QlikView apps that have been built with 20 to 30 sheets merely to reduce licence costs (i.e. a user would only need one Doc Cal). 

Hope this can get you started. 

Stu