Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksenes conditional Load statement

Hi guys,

I have an difficulty on adding conditional filed when loading data. In my data, transactions fees are shown by order ID. Each order got different products. So if there are more than 1 product in each order, the calculation for Transaction fees if wrong because it is for each order and not for each item. So my logic is to get individual transaction fees for each product. So I try load with condition as followed.

Data_Test:
Load
"Order ID",
if(count("Order ID")> 1, num("Transaction Fee(Incl. GST)"/count("Transaction Fee(Incl. GST)")),"Transaction Fee(Incl. GST)")
Resident Shopee_OrderID_Transfee group by "Order ID";

YanMin_0-1632369168432.png

But I got an invalid expression error. Can anyone advise how should the script be? 

Thanks in advanced.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Each field which isn't included within an aggrgation-function must be added to the group by. This means in your case you couldn't solve your challenge within a single load else the counting needs to be done on the outside. Maybe with something like this:

m: mapping load orderid, count(orderid) from source group by orderid;

t: load *, fee / applymap('m', orderid, 1) as AverageFeePerItem from source;

Another approach would be to check with interrecord-functions like peek() and/or previous() if it's the first/last record per orderid to flag it or to remove the fee-information from the other records.

It depends on your later views which approach is more suitable.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Each field which isn't included within an aggrgation-function must be added to the group by. This means in your case you couldn't solve your challenge within a single load else the counting needs to be done on the outside. Maybe with something like this:

m: mapping load orderid, count(orderid) from source group by orderid;

t: load *, fee / applymap('m', orderid, 1) as AverageFeePerItem from source;

Another approach would be to check with interrecord-functions like peek() and/or previous() if it's the first/last record per orderid to flag it or to remove the fee-information from the other records.

It depends on your later views which approach is more suitable.

- Marcus

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

The first method is perfectly work. Now I understand about aggregation function. Thank you so much.