Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pooja_D
Partner - Contributor III

Qliksense: Unable to find option to generate Authentication Link

Hello Team,

We have installed the Qlik sense Desktop May 2022 but I am unable to find option to generate authentication link .

We were trying to authenticate against the Qlik Sense Enterprise server but client authentication option was not there, please refer attached snapshot for same.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

The details for generating an authentication link need to be set up from QMC, under Virtual Proxies.

Or_0-1678365241189.png

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

View solution in original post

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

"I am using Qlik Sense desktop May 2022 and Qlik Sense enterprise 3.2 SR3 should the desktop and enterprise server be of the same version ?"

So @Pooja_D from the documentation for publishing between Qlik Sense platforms we have the following consideration

When copying an app to another platform, consider the following:

• You will have to recreate data connections on the destination platform.
  • Some functionality may not be supported on the destination platform.
  • You need the appropriate privileges to perform certain actions. For example, only the Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator can import or export apps from the Qlik Management Console.

For this reason, it's best for the version to be matched, but a small mismatch in versions is not generally a concern for authentication.

However, 3.2 reach the end of its support lifecycle on February 9th of 2019 
I can't say this is the cause of your issue but it would be best to move to a supported version of Qlik Sense Enterprise for a variety of reasons.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

The details for generating an authentication link need to be set up from QMC, under Virtual Proxies.

Or_0-1678365241189.png

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Pooja_D
Author

Thanks for reply,

I checked,  but i got desktop authentication link option in virtual proxy.

Kindly refer snapshot for same.

Please suggest how to use this option with Qlik sense desktop.

Thanks.

neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, please refer to this article

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Configuring-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-authenticatio...

If you aren't getting Client Authentication Option try in localhost

Thanks & Regards,
Please Accepts as Solution if it solves your query.
Pooja_D
Author

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

I'm refer above link but not found client authentication link.

I am using Qlik Sense desktop May 2022 and Qlik Sense enterprise 3.2 SR3

should the desktop and enterprise server be of the same version ?

Please help.

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

"I am using Qlik Sense desktop May 2022 and Qlik Sense enterprise 3.2 SR3 should the desktop and enterprise server be of the same version ?"

So @Pooja_D from the documentation for publishing between Qlik Sense platforms we have the following consideration

When copying an app to another platform, consider the following:

• You will have to recreate data connections on the destination platform.
  • Some functionality may not be supported on the destination platform.
  • You need the appropriate privileges to perform certain actions. For example, only the Qlik Sense Enterprise administrator can import or export apps from the Qlik Management Console.

For this reason, it's best for the version to be matched, but a small mismatch in versions is not generally a concern for authentication.

However, 3.2 reach the end of its support lifecycle on February 9th of 2019 
I can't say this is the cause of your issue but it would be best to move to a supported version of Qlik Sense Enterprise for a variety of reasons.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!