Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VamsiBhagavathula1

Qliksense metadata questions

Hello All,

I am new qlik sense but have more than a decade experience with other reporting tools . I have a some basic questions.

Where does Qliksense saves  all the object definitions?

Is it inside Postgres DB or on any physical folders of a disk?

What are the steps to be followed while we move Qliksense from one host to another?

Why doesn't installer comes with all updates in a single package(Meaning why should an existing customer with 9.5 postgres has to do an extra step of downloading a postgres sql installer upgrade where as in a fresh install by default 12.5 is installed?

Best Regards,

Vamsi

Labels (3)
4 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @VamsiBhagavathula1 

Qlik Sense Enterprise Cloud Managed store the object definitions (charts, table, object properties, scripting) and data also directly on its proprietary files (QVF). These files are stored on standard location (may vary from server version)  C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

PostgresDB contains info from Server, like app naming, data connections, security rules, users logins and access permissions and other stuffs.

To move between servers you may export and import it on new server because metadata is stored on PostgresDB. Take a look on this link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/Qlik-Sense-Migration-Migrating-your-Entire-Qlik-Sense/... 

[],

Pedro

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Vamsi,

This is stored in the Qlik Repository Service (QRS).

Regarding the installer, this is the way Qlik does it. I can't change anything about it.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
VamsiBhagavathula1
Author

Hey @JordyWegman ,

Thanks for your response. If all the object definitions are stored in QRS. Could you please give me some more info about Sharedlocation which consists further folders such as Apps,Static content & Archived logs?? Is it a mandatory that this located should be backed up on a regular basis??.

Also, Please add some informationon C:ProgramData/Qliksense location. Should we need a back up of this too ??

Best Regards,

Vamsi

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In these folders you can indeed find all information that Qlik Sense is using. Apps is of course all the apps that are in the environment. Static Content could for instance be images that you use for your applications. Archived logs is where all logs that the system generates are stored. For instance the logs of running your tasks.

It's not mandatory of course to take back-ups, but we recommend our customers to always take back-ups. At least of the last 3 days (so on Monday you have your data still from Friday).

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder