Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buliano
Contributor II
Contributor II

Quarter display and sorting

I need to display data per quarter in a Bar chart, sorted by quarter, and my quarters start in February.

The following dimension does it ok, and with correct sorting, but with a small issue:

QuarterName(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)

The small issue is that the quarter starting in November is displayed as:

Nov-Jan 2022

While in fact it would be more clear if it was like:

Nov 2022- Jan 2023

Buliano_0-1656689467327.png

As an alternative, I am trying to use MonthName. This solves the issue, but creates one with the sorting:

MonthName(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) & ' - ' & MonthName(QuarterEnd(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2))

In any quarter, the year is displayed for both months.

With just the first bit, sorting is correct: MonthName(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2))

However, concatenating MonthName with something else makes Qlik unable to sort the quarters correctly. At least I can’t find a way to do so.

Buliano_1-1656689542106.png

Any help on how I could have the quarters correctly sorted and at the same time display the two years (at least for the quarter which is between two years)?

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create a dual value field as below

DUAL( MonthName(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) & ' - ' & MonthName(QuarterEnd(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) , floor(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) ) as YourfieldName

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create a dual value field as below

DUAL( MonthName(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) & ' - ' & MonthName(QuarterEnd(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) , floor(QuarterStart(QuarterlyReportDate,0,2)) ) as YourfieldName

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.