Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angmarceau1971
Contributor II
Contributor II

REST Connector Configuration Window Displays Wrong

I'm trying to create a REST Connection in QlikSense desktop - and the connector box looks like this and I can't enter anything anywhere.

angmarceau1971_0-1603921116026.png

Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angmarceau1971
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett - Sorry for not providing the appropriate info.

My version:

angmarceau1971_1-1603978010707.png

I ultimately have got it to work.  after many article reviews, i came to find out that QlikView and QlikSense do not play well on the same computer.  So I uninstalled everything.  Reinstalled only QlikSense and it's working now.   That being said....

I still need to reinstall Qlikview.  is there a way to get the REST Connector working on both on the same PC?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@angmarceau1971 you left out a few pieces of very important information, what version of Sense, what version of the Rest Connector?  About the best I can do here is drop you the Help Doc link to review things there to see if that leads to anything or not.  I am not sure if the actual Connector logging is going to provide anything at this point or not, but I am hoping maybe you are using an older version of Sense or the Connector in which case hopefully you can update and see if that resolves the issue, as that is my best hunch given what you have provided thus far.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/REST-c...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
angmarceau1971
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett - Sorry for not providing the appropriate info.

My version:

angmarceau1971_1-1603978010707.png

I ultimately have got it to work.  after many article reviews, i came to find out that QlikView and QlikSense do not play well on the same computer.  So I uninstalled everything.  Reinstalled only QlikSense and it's working now.   That being said....

I still need to reinstall Qlikview.  is there a way to get the REST Connector working on both on the same PC?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@angmarceau1971 Yeah, that is pretty much unsupported scenario, you really need separate servers for Sense and View.  Here is System Requirements for Sense, which has a comment in there about not being able to install on a QlikView Server:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/September2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_D...

The funny thing is we do not have anything in the QV Help regarding not running Sense on QlikView Server there, will shoot Doc Team a note about that to see if we can get that added there too.  Sorry I do not have better news for you on that aspect, glad you got things working though.  The main reason for things being separate is the resource usage, just FYI, really hard to have a stable box running both versions on the same server, they will fight each other to the death more or less.  Hopefully this helps a bit.  Shout back if you have more questions, oh, and no worries on not having provided the extra info, that is quite common on Community posts, so no biggie there, sorry if I came across harsh on that side of things.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.