Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rank function with multiple dimensions

Hi experts,

I've made a bar chart with my top 10 invoices over the last 4 years.

Because Qlik doesn't have a function that shows the total sum of these top 10 customers per year, I wanted to use a KPI object to show the total sum of the top 10 invoices in a certain year.

See the following screenshot (Years are ordered as 2014-2017).test.png

In the 4 different KPI objects I used the following function 4 times (Max Year, Max Year -1, -2, -3):

sum({1<Year={"$(=max({<year>}Year))"},[Invoice Number] = {"=rank(sum([Nett Amount new EUR]),4,1) <= 10"}>} [Nett Amount new EUR] )

The numbers shown in the KPI objects are based on the top 10 invoices over the 4 years, instead of the top 10 invoices per year.

Could you guys help me out with this one or give me another solution?

Thanks a lot in advance:)

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I removed the double quotes within the Max({<year>}Year) thing... can you check... also do you have two year fields? Year and year? QlikView is case sensitive, make sure to use the correct casing everywhere

Sum({1<Year={"$(=Max({<Year>} Year))"}, [Invoice Number] = {"=Rank(Sum({1<Year={$(=Max({<Year>} Year))}>} [Nett Amount new EUR]), 4, 1) <= 10"}>} [Nett Amount new EUR])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({1<Year={"$(=Max({<year>} Year))"}, [Invoice Number] = {"=Rank(Sum({1<Year={$(=Max({<year>} Year))}>} [Nett Amount new EUR]), 4, 1) <= 10"}>} [Nett Amount new EUR])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply Sunny, but this function is showing a NULL value " - "..

sunny_talwar

I removed the double quotes within the Max({<year>}Year) thing... can you check... also do you have two year fields? Year and year? QlikView is case sensitive, make sure to use the correct casing everywhere

Sum({1<Year={"$(=Max({<Year>} Year))"}, [Invoice Number] = {"=Rank(Sum({1<Year={$(=Max({<Year>} Year))}>} [Nett Amount new EUR]), 4, 1) <= 10"}>} [Nett Amount new EUR])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This did the job! Thanks a lot Sunny, you helped me a lot!:)

OmarBenSalem

Hi Sunny,

Can you please explain to me what does the 4 and 1 do?

Rank(Sum({1<Year={$(=Max({<Year>} Year))}>} [Nett Amount new EUR]), 4, 1) <= 10

Thanks !