cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elenarelinque
Creator
Creator

Relation between tables problems with dates

I have a table with production orders  ("Datos produccion"" and another one with production orders rejected because of defects in the product ("P_INFO_RECHAZOS":

elenarelinque_0-1657537219871.png

"Datos_produccion" is my main table so I'm using the field "Date" in my visualizations. However, in one order of production I can have differents registers of defective material but I cant' sum them because the field "Codigo_defecto" is different and I need this.

The problem is that the date of rejection is not the same as the date of production (the field I use in my visualizations) so I have material rejected in june,for example, that was rejected un July but june is the date of production not rejection. If I use the date of rejection in this particular visualization, the filter indicated doesn't work because those are using the date of production:

elenarelinque_1-1657537624729.png

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @elenarelinque ,

This is what they call a Canonical Calendar. See https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578 

You will need a linktable the match the different date types. I created an example QVF. Then you can use 1 Month filter for both types.

1.png2.png

elenarelinque
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much, it almost works. The problem is that I have another table with a different date. I tried to do the same with this table but it creates a synthetic key and doesn't show data from the table "PARTES". The table "PARTES" is related with the table "Datos_Producción" by the field "FECHA_TURNO_MAQUINA" and the table "P_INFO_RECHAZOS" is connected to the table "Datos_Producción" by the field "ORDEN_DE_FABRICACION" but there is no direct relation between the tables "PARTES" and "P_INFO_RECHAZOS":

elenarelinque_0-1657553909517.png

elenarelinque_1-1657553956613.png

Thank you so much for your help!