Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator

Rolling 4 quarters based on todays date

Hi 

Am looking to create a table which has summed values outlining each of the last 4 quarters based on the current date.

In my script I have a Quarter field generated using the following:

Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])/3) & '-' & Year([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]), QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER

I wish to have a rolling table which has the following expression, I can get it working fine but it is hardcoded as you can see; it uses a variable of CQTR= Q1-2019. I need a set of variables which follows the same format as the below:

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(Today())/3) & '-' & Year(Today()), QuarterStart(Today()))

The differing variables WILL ALSO GIVE ME THE QUARTER BEFORE AND BEFORE THAT AND BEFORE THAT. I envisage differing variables for each will drop into the following expression in the table.

=Sum( {$<[SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER] = {'$(CQTR)'}>}SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_AMOUNT )

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -3))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -3)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -3)))
=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -6))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -6)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -6)))

and so on...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

I suggest keeping a separate field for set analysis to make your life easier when using set analysis. Try this

Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])/3) & '-' & Year([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]), QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE])) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER,
QuarterStart([SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_DATE]) as SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER_START

and then this

=Sum({$<[SUBS_INVOICE_QUARTER] = {">=$(=QuarterStart(Today(), -3))<=$(=QuarterStart(Today()))"}>} SUBS_INVOICES_INVOICE_AMOUNT)
martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny - this solution is great for summing the last 4 quarters but do you have a solution for creating a variable for each of the last 4 quarters individually e.g.

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(Today())/3) & '-' & Year(Today()), QuarterStart(Today())) - this would be for todays date which returns a Q4-2019

Based on todays date I would also like 3 other variables to depict Q4-2018, Q3-2018,Q2-2018.

Thanks

Martin

sunny_talwar

May be this

=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -3))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -3)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -3)))
=Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(MonthStart(Today(), -6))/3) & '-' & Year(MonthStart(Today(), -6)), QuarterStart(MonthStart(Today(), -6)))

and so on...

martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Excellent - thank you very much Sunny