Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKTOES
Contributor II
Contributor II

Rolling month

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a graph with only the last 3 months of my data instead of all the year,

I wrote :

If([NC.Creation_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]>= AddMonths(max([NC.Creation_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),-3),[NC.Creation_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth])

But it 's not working :'(

Any Idea ?

Thank you very much

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try this.

create a variable called vMonthyearMinus3  as =addmonths(max(MonthYear),-3)

which mean this is calculated 1 time for the entire dashboard.

and change your dimension as if(MonthYear>=vMonthyearMinus3, MonthYear).

Standard/Better way - Ideally i would as you to do this in set analysis rather than as a if statement in dimension. try something like this too. this would be better for performance

Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear),-3)),'MM/DD/YYYY')"}>}LineSalesAmount)

View solution in original post

KKTOES
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Why is that better to use set analysis ? because with the "if" statement its appear way more simple than the set analysis

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

performance is always better in set analysis.

the if statement will be evaluated for every line which can appear in your table. e.g. if your datamodel has a million rows with date each line will be checked to see if the condition is met.

But set analysis is evaluated for the whole table. the set which satisfies the condtions of the set analysis is chosen .

I know it looks complicated. but it is very powerful

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try this.

create a variable called vMonthyearMinus3  as =addmonths(max(MonthYear),-3)

which mean this is calculated 1 time for the entire dashboard.

and change your dimension as if(MonthYear>=vMonthyearMinus3, MonthYear).

Standard/Better way - Ideally i would as you to do this in set analysis rather than as a if statement in dimension. try something like this too. this would be better for performance

Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear),-3)),'MM/DD/YYYY')"}>}LineSalesAmount)

KKTOES
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Why is that better to use set analysis ? because with the "if" statement its appear way more simple than the set analysis

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

performance is always better in set analysis.

the if statement will be evaluated for every line which can appear in your table. e.g. if your datamodel has a million rows with date each line will be checked to see if the condition is met.

But set analysis is evaluated for the whole table. the set which satisfies the condtions of the set analysis is chosen .

I know it looks complicated. but it is very powerful

KKTOES
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for your teaching. In the future i will improve in set analysis. I will try your response.
KKTOES
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It works thank you really much 

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Great to hear.

Mark the solution as answered and close the thread