Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tareklamaa
Contributor II
Contributor II

SSO for Qlik stopped working for some users

Hi,

I have a strange problem where the SSO stopped working for a couple of users only, before that it worked fine, this started for about two months ago and nothing has changed in the environment. When they try logging in from a different computer it works fine and they don't have to enter the credentials.

Seems strange that only a couple of users having problem with this and only on their computers. Anyone have any idea what could have happened here?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tareklamaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I solved it by moving qlik from trusted sites to intranet sites in the GPO. So had nothing to do with qlik as you mentioned. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @tareklamaa ! Which kind of SSO solution are you using? Is it Windows NTLM? Or anything else?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
tareklamaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Daniele!

Thnaks for your fast reply.

Yes, it's Windows NTLM.

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

@tareklamaa  Are you having Qlik Sense, Qlikview or Qlik Sense Cloud? What are the difference between these few users and others, location, domain, etc?  When you say SSO, can we have more details? Are you having a different portal in front of Qlik system?

What is the error? Any screen shot? 

You can also check if the user can login their windows successfully.  Is there any change on their account? 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
tareklamaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It's Qlik Sense. No difference, all in the same domain and location. SSO when accessing Qlik Sense Hub, no portal.

It's not an error as i wrote in the first post, SSO is not working, instead the users get promted för logon credentials. They can logon fine but they have to enter credentials.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @tareklamaa ,
the Windows NTLM authentication is not handled by Qlik Sense. It is handled by the browser + server side operating system.
I would try resetting the Browser setting and/or trying an alternative browser to rule out the browser.

You might also want to check at Windows' side on the Server, in the Windows Event Logs --> Security to check if there is any error there.

I hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
tareklamaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I solved it by moving qlik from trusted sites to intranet sites in the GPO. So had nothing to do with qlik as you mentioned. Thank you.

atiwari
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Dear All Members, 

I have upgraded Qlik Sense to Feb 2024 Version and My SSO stopped Working.

I have Done Below Changes:

Installed PostgreSQL 14 Version.

Migrated PostgreSQL from 12 to 14 Followed the Qlik Articles.

Upgraded Qlik Sense August 2022 to Feb 2024 Patch 5 Update 1.

Now Everything looks okay except the SSO login. Is there any additional changes I need to perform in order to fix this?

LTIAT95_0-1717685137109.png