Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onkar10
Employee
Employee

Same snowflake data connection, but different behavior between users when extracting data.

Hi all, I am facing issue with the QlikSense installed on AWS EC2 instance. The issue is regarding the same snowflake data connection, but different behavior between users when extracting data.
- 1 user fast connection and can do the full data extraction (more than 10 million rows)
- 1 user slow connection and hanging during the data extraction (stuck around 1 million rows and takes more time).
Any leads much appreciated. Thanks!
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Onkar10
Employee
Employee
Author

@Dalton_Ruer  : The issue was due to the different filters used in both queries. so for user 2 the filter was applied while fetching the data from the snowflake. while for User 1 fileter was applied while loading data that is fetched from Snowflake. My bad, missed noticing the difference in the queries used by the client.

Thanks for your suggestion!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

The thing that comes to mind for me is if you are using user pass through security, where users who are hitting the connection have to authenticate to it, User 1 may have a default warehouse attached to the user account in Snowflake that is different than the default warehouse for the other user. 

I'm assuming you mean both users are executing the same extraction command and that the issue just related to User 1 dooing a select * in order, and user 2 trying to join 15 tables and force a sort order or something. 

Onkar10
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks @Dalton_Ruer  for your response.

Your assumption is right. Both users are using the same query:  Load* from Table1.

User1 - Load 12 million records in less than 4 minutes

User2- takes more than 5 minutes to load 1 million and then hang.

I will check the default warehouse for both the users in snowflake.

Thanks,

Onkar

Onkar10
Employee
Employee
Author

@Dalton_Ruer  : The issue was due to the different filters used in both queries. so for user 2 the filter was applied while fetching the data from the snowflake. while for User 1 fileter was applied while loading data that is fetched from Snowflake. My bad, missed noticing the difference in the queries used by the client.

Thanks for your suggestion!