Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christos500
Partner - Contributor III

Save Bookmarks

Hello,

i just wanted to know if there is a way to save bookmarks in qlik sense version Feb 2021 in case we have created lots of them and somehow want to just paste them instead of create them from scratch.

thank you!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Christos500 ,

This article may help you to share the existing published bookmarks to the others who have access to the same app.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-Share-Bookmarks-in-Qlik-Sense/ta-p/17...

Christos500
Author

hi and thank you for the feedback, but i already know about this feature.

I thought i was able to somehow save the filters that apply with the bookmarks, so in case i need to create them again i don't have to do it from scratch.

Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Christos500 ,

The Qlik Sense bookmarks are stored in the App's binary file (.qvf) in the Qlik Shared folder(service cluster).
The binary file names correspond to the app IDs which can be listed via QMC.

You won't lose your bookmarks unless you don't have the Shared folder backup. If you don't have the Shared folder backup you will lose all of Qlik Sense apps etc.

Christos500
Author

i have the specific example:

we have 10 users. Every user has created 8 bookmarks or more. At some point i have to make a change and in particular i have to add 1 new field to every bookmark that the users have created. So the solution to this would be to have the users to create every bookmark they have created from scratch to just add the new field, because there is no edit option in bookmarks to do so.