Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guilgo
Partner - Contributor III

Script, keep rows that are present in another table

Hello, I have a table "tableA" which contains many labels and codes. One part is linked to a product, another to an employee etc...

I load the table several times in Qlik in several tables, once for the table "Product link" another "Employee link" etc.. because I have another table "Product" with which I have a link in Qlik with the codes of "tableA" which correspond to a product.

Only when I make a table in my visuals, I choose the "label" field of the "product link" table but it shows me all the labels of the "tableA" table (which is the source table) whereas I only want the fields that have a correspondence in the "Product" table. I think a join might work, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

My question is: Does the tables are connected ? like this 

TcnCunha_M_0-1700556725287.png

In this example , Product is My Key between the tables.

second thing might be happening is you have 1 to many relation, is where table are connected, but the data is not the same in both tables so create kind of Cartesian plane issue 

Could please send a print of you data model view?

As you think, so shall you become.
Guilgo
Author

Table A is imported several times into Qlik, under several names "Link Product" "Link Actor" etc... And "Link Product" is linked to "Product" but the problem is when I display "Libelle" of "Link Product" I have all the fields of "Table A" which are displayed and not only those which have a link with "Product"

That's why I tried to load link product via a join with Product but the two fields do not have the same name and it doesn't work...

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

You need to rename the field to Make the association, otherwise will not work 

you can at the end load the table you need again and vice a name to the field like Link Product as Product 

Again maybe a print screen of Data Manager will make easy to solve

Guilgo
Author

I have over 100 tables but this is what my problem looks like:

Guilgo_0-1700565484269.png

I have several loading of table_link in Qlik, with a different name and link to another table (the fields do not have the same name but I made an alias)

Except that in my table I want to display the name_produt, it shows me all the names that are in the TableLink table, while I only want those that have a Link ID that corresponds to a Product ID.

SO I can do a Join in the script but for the moment I have this

LOAD 

ID LINK as Product ID

Name_Product

TableLinkProduct : 

Select "ID Link", 

"Name Product"

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

What i could see, there no Relation between the tables , you must to have a table to make connection between the tables like

I believe the product is stored in one store, so i can assume you might have a table with tell you Product X is in store A.

also might be a person assign to the store ?

that is how you have to join the tables otherwise it's a cartesian plane , your data model it's not align with any recommendation model like Star Schema or Snowflake Schema

in term you data model should be like this, but the data should be in same level

TcnCunha_M_0-1700571316113.png