Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozcano
Contributor III
Contributor III

Search and filter on a measurement field

Hello,

I have table which has a statu field that shows zero (0) or 1 depending on the values of the measures on other fields on the same table. It is someting like that

=if((Column(3)>=Column(7)),0,1)

Now, user wants to search and select values 1 on this statu field. The problem is qlik sense does not show search option on measures. What should I do?

Regards, Ozcan

NOTE: I do not want to calculate measures during the load.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@ozcano Can measure be calculated dimension with Aggr()? So that, you can have search icon in Dimension? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Digvijay_Singh

It doesn't make sense to select values in the measure column because measure consists of multiple dimension fields for example lets take a simple measure - Count({<Year = {2023}>}ClientID). You got two fields involved in this measure Year and ClientID so making selections in the measure field wouldn't just a selection of values, it has got other dimension values involved.

If possible create new field in the script but it depends on weather your data model suits it or not.

I would rather sort measure values and then make selections in the dimension column whereever I see '1' in the desired measure.

ozcano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello

Still I expected it to do that using the context, or maybe even from already calculated values