Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidB
Contributor
Contributor

Section access reduction - hide sensitive data outside the country

We have an interesting security case due to German law that restricts our ability to present data in a specific field outside of Germany.

Currently, we restrict data on the city level in the report, which satisfies the criteria for users within Germany.

Our issue is that we also have a user groups without restrictions that can see all data, as well as special cases that allow users outside Germany to view German data.

My question is whether or not restricting data in this field to everything except German data for users outside of Germany is possible with Section Access.

The OMIT function is close to what we are are trying to achieve, but I haven't seen an appropriate use of this where a subset of data within a field is restricted rather that the field itself.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Omit will only remove the field not reduce the transactions, you will need to reduce by field value as you are doing with city. 

What if you reduce the application using section access by country - list all countries except Germany for the German users?

An alternative solution is to publish a separate app for these users where you have removed the German applications in the script. 

DavidB
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the suggestions Vegar. We do have reduction on the country level as an option - the issue being that in this case we would only want it to apply to one specific field. We still want users outside Germany to see German data in some cases.

I came across a solution based on this post that I am currently testing:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Section-Access-OMIT-causes-Invalid-Visualisation-err...

Loading the field twice, once without German data. Then fetching the user country via OSUser() - thankfully we use email as the username. You can then use a conditional statement to show the field without German data to users outside Germany.