Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DV
Contributor II
Contributor II

Select Data in Charts

Hi there,

Does anyone have a suggestion on how can I go on and select/filter specific parts of data in my different charts? As I have lots of charts I have different requirements for each of those chart and need to select specific data to be shown in chart. 

Its exactly like you have different filters in Microsoft Excel and it shows you in the pivot table but want to replicate that in Qlikview. So it then doesn't matter if I clear the selection in other tabs in Qlikview but chart still shows selected data. As for some of the charts I have 8 different selections to be made which can then show me that data in chart. It would be appreciated if anyone can share a suggestion. 

Due to confidentiality example has not been shown but can clarify further based on your question. Thanks.

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Since there are number of charts, How many are there should be static for each

2) Resolution may be using {1} in analysis of expression

3) May be create as many table using resident with different fields which can be modify / you can even try with Qualify or UnQualify

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
DV
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Anil, for your response. 

1) Since there are number of charts, How many are there should be static for each

• I am yet really unsure on how many there would be as being very new Qlikview I am still in the process to understand how many would I exactly need. But as a general overview I believe it would definitely be above 15.

2) Resolution may be using {1} in analysis of expression

• I am not aware of this suggestion and thank you for that but just on these suggestion I can only use {1} in the expression which I use. So for example if I have a combo chart and in my combo chart I have only two expression but those two expression need to be filtered based on other data. So lets say I have count of shipments but those shipments just needs to be Premium shipments with other requirements in that count of shipments but I then dont want to show that in chart. If I can apply {1} how can I apply or what can the formula be?

3) May be create as many table using resident with different fields which can be modify / you can even try with Qualify or UnQualify

• Please advise how can I use table using resident and what would Quality or Unqualify option do.

Thank you. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may share sample with dummy data and explain which sheet you want and what you need?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
DV
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi there,

Thanks for your response Anil. Please see attached. 

This is just dummy data. However, what I am trying to do is that there is Service and Continent Lane which I have not selected but I want to write a formula in Combo Chart which only  shows me lets say Door to Door as service level and Asia-Africa as Continent Lane for Combo Chart 1 but for Pie Chart Iets say Port to Port as service level and Asia-Asia as Continent Lane. Additionally, Combo Chart and Pie chart should interact together but based on their individual formulas. 

Also, once I reload my file it then updates the chart according to the formulas which has been written either in Dimensions or Expression for those specific chart but not sure how can I go on about doing it. 

I also approached as IF formula like IF([Service]='Door to Door',[Service],Null()) but it doesn't bring back results and on that I have another field which is Continent Lane to be filtered. Would appreciate if anyone would have suggestions. Thank you.