Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elfedac
Contributor II
Contributor II

Select values corresponding to search criteria problem

Hello,

First of all, here's the context.
- The first sheet is an array of strings (for example ["I1111111", "I1122222", ...]) of type straight which contains various dimensions, one of which I'm particularly interested in, 'Incident list' ([GDI.liste_id_gdi]).

I've also created an "Indicator details" button which allows you to navigate to a 2nd sheet.

elfedac_0-1709564663452.png

This 2nd sheet displays a simple table with several dimensions.

elfedac_1-1709564696908.png

And what I want to do using the "Indicator details" button is to switch to the 2nd sheet using the "Access a sheet" action while retrieving the values from the "Incident list" cell using the "Select values corresponding to the search criteria" action by specifying the "GDIDETAIL.number" field (named GDI no.) in order to filter the table on the GDI no. column. By cheating a little, çad by putting a unique incident number in the Value field (for example 'I3333333'), the table on the 2nd sheet is automatically filtered.
But it doesn't work and I'm getting a bit stuck.

Do I need to apply a special formula in the Value field?
I've also tried to apply the following formula directly to the dimension of my table, but it's horribly long and therefore not possible:
= if(GetSelectedCount([GDI.liste_id_gdi])>0,
if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections([GDI.liste_id_gdi]), '*'&[GDIDETAIL.number]&'*'), [GDIDETAIL.number]),
[GDIDETAIL.number])

Thank you in advance.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If the 2 fields are linked in the data model you can use the 'Select possible values in a field' action to select all "GDI no." values that are possible with your current selection. To deselect the "GDI.liste_id_gdi" values you can use a 'Clear selections in field' action.

If your fields are not linked you can use a 'Select values in field' action with your "GDI no.". You can use this expression:

=Concat(distinct Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace([GDI.liste_id_gdi], ',', ';'), '; ', ';'), '"', ''), '[', ''), ']', ''), ';')

You can clear the "GDI.liste_id_gdi" values the same way as above.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If the 2 fields are linked in the data model you can use the 'Select possible values in a field' action to select all "GDI no." values that are possible with your current selection. To deselect the "GDI.liste_id_gdi" values you can use a 'Clear selections in field' action.

If your fields are not linked you can use a 'Select values in field' action with your "GDI no.". You can use this expression:

=Concat(distinct Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace([GDI.liste_id_gdi], ',', ';'), '; ', ';'), '"', ''), '[', ''), ']', ''), ';')

You can clear the "GDI.liste_id_gdi" values the same way as above.

elfedac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It seems working very fine.
A really big big thanks to you.