Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nitish91
Contributor II
Contributor II

Selection of field values used in Filter pane when user selects filter pane values

Hello Experts,

On the filter panel whose formula is =Date(Field,'MMM YYYY') , when the user selects values from the foresaid filter , i want the field values to be selected in the app.

Field is a field eg . Oct 2021 in a date format

Please help how we can achieve this? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

So your ask is to have all transactions selected in the month year based on the date field.  

My guess is currently you have a lot of duplicate values in your filter panel as although you've formatted the date field to look like a group its not a group so the filter is applied to the date underneath your formatted data.

Try this as a calculated diemnsion in your master items to create your MonthYear Field.  

(Date(monthstart(Field), 'MMM YYYY'))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

So your ask is to have all transactions selected in the month year based on the date field.  

My guess is currently you have a lot of duplicate values in your filter panel as although you've formatted the date field to look like a group its not a group so the filter is applied to the date underneath your formatted data.

Try this as a calculated diemnsion in your master items to create your MonthYear Field.  

(Date(monthstart(Field), 'MMM YYYY'))