Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qluser01
Creator
Creator

Selection: simplify selection use button instead of list filter

Hi all!

I have a pie chart with selections where I highlight the position of a selected client (CLnum) in comparison with benchmarks.

So, the PROBLEM IS: when you select CLnum  -> you have only one Industry available to select (that's correct) - but I don't want to see the list with GRAY INDUSTRIES below:

I will always have to choose just the one Industry (because client relates to 1 industry only, other industries will be GRAY):

IS IT POSSIBLE to show "SHOW IN INDUSTRY" BUTTON  instead of a SELECT FIELD?

if its pressed (on) - the Industry filter with the industry of the client applies, if its not pressed (regular) - no industry filter applied?

Use the source file attached...

Select CLnum=1 (for example) -> and click on Industry filter -  you will see many GRAY industries..... Its not convenient now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramzi-manoubi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Use this code in the filter pane:

=aggr(Industry,Industry)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ramzi-manoubi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Use this code in the filter pane:

=aggr(Industry,Industry)

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

blank selection window as a result:

Please use the file attached to the question ...

for example KPI tab shows the correct result when you use =aggr(Industry,Industry), but Filter pane - does not

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

try

=AGGR(only(Industry),Industry)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

Same...

ramzi-manoubi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I did use your qvf... Works fine.

Probably you're using an older version of Qlik Sense. There's a bug with derived dimensions that's been fixed since 3.1 SR5

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

yes, SR4  and I cant download a latest (3.2) version since there is no option in Sense to "check for updates / upgrade" as for example in Firefox or Adobe products, and download page still feeds with 3.1 SR4

thank you! will try to find the latest one....

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

OK, finally I ve got 3.2 and its working now.

Now, is it possible to make a button called "Show in your Industry"

And (having a single client selected CLnum) by pressing the button - automatically apply a filter to Industry?.

OmarBenSalem

Yes,

Dowload the extension you'll find attached (sheet naviagation, then see the attached app):

qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

OK. extension works, not the best option for me but a workaround. thank you!