Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freazord
Contributor
Contributor

Sequential class Color for Hierarchical Dimension

Hello,

I want to apply a sequential class on my hierarchical dimension of layer on my visual map chart. The problem is that I haven't found a way to change the color of the sequential class that is imposed.
So I looked for a solution and I came across a post from an employee who explains that it is not possible to change the color of the basic sequential class and that it is necessary to go through a color by expression with the following expression:

Measure: sum([Budget Amount])
Dimension: [Sales Rep Name]

Colormix1((sum([Budget Amount])-$(=min(aggr( sum([Budget Amount]), [Sales Rep Name]))))/$(=(max(aggr( sum([Budget Amount]), [Sales Rep Name]))-min(aggr( sum([Budget Amount]), [Sales Rep Name])))),Red(),Lightred())

So I would like to implement this expression on my 2 hierarchical dimension layers. However, the expression quoted above does not allow to do it for a hierarchical dimension. So I tried to do an OR or XOR to apply it on the 2 hierarchical layers, but it doesn't work.

Measure: Count([Nom Compte])
Hierarchical Dimension: [Nom Région] > [Nom Département]

If(
[Code Région], Colormix1((Count([Nom Compte])-$(=min(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Région]))))/$(=(max(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Région]))-min(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Région])))),RGB(103,213,255),RGB(47,0,127))
, If([Nom Département], Colormix1((Count([Nom Compte])-$(=min(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Département]))))/$(=(max(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Département]))-min(aggr( Count([Nom Compte]), [Nom Département])))),RGB(103,213,255),RGB(47,0,127))))

Do you have any idea how to apply the sequential class on the 2 hierarchical dimensions? (Take into account that the measure is the same for the 2 dimensions)

Link of the employee's answer

I thank you in advance for your answers.

Labels (2)
0 Replies