Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nira
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis

Hi,

This is my current expression used to calculate the percent of total cases for patients living outside the current region selected.

=Num(count({<patient_region-={'$(vCurrentRegion)'}>}patient_id)/COUNT(TOTAL {< patient_region-={'$(vCurrentRegion)'}, patient_province , admission_category, patient_region>} patient_id),'#,##0%')

in the set analysis used for the COUNT TOTAL expression, i included patient_region twice. This is because i still want it to calculate the total cases for outside the current region selected, however, i also want the kpi to ignore the patient region filteri have in the dashboard. Since i am trying to use the same field (patient_region) twice in the set analysis, it is not working. How can i fix this?

nira_0-1644585813032.png

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think you should use 

Num(
Count({<patient_region=E(patient_region)>} distinct patient_id)/
Count({<patient_region= >} distinct total patient_id),
'0%'
)

I made some mock-up data, and selected region=B:

Henric_Cronstrm_0-1644591790973.png

As you can see, the second measure (third column) correctly picks up number of patient_ids from regions outside current selection. And the last column calculates the percentages.

nira
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What does {<patient_region=E(patient_region)>} translate to? 

This doesn't seem to produce any results. Don't I still need to add this in the set analysis: {<patient_region-={'$(vCurrentRegion)'}>}? the variable vCurrentRegion corresponds to =only(facility_region) which is the region of the hospital selected.

nira
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is working, however, when i filter the sheet by a patient_region, the % does not change.

=Num(
Count({<patient_region=E(facility_region)>} distinct patient_id)/
Count({<patient_region=E(facility_region), patient_province >} distinct total patient_id),
'0%'
)