Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aheavy95
Creator
Creator

Set a specific row in straight table to be "locked" first -regardless the sorting

Hi all,

In a Dynamic table (Ad hoc reporting) I've created -

the user selects a store (green mark) and  dimensions and measures (black)

And as a result-  only stores that in these dimensions (FC, TENBIS in this case)  have the same values as of the store selected in the upper filter( green) , are shown in the table. (implemented with alternate states)

aheavy95_1-1691419366849.png

I want to achieve the following:

in the straight table, the Store selected (number 43- marked in green in this case) will be "locked as the top row no matter how the table is being sorted. 

Thus, when the user chooses to sort on different fields, the top row remains tha chosen store

Any idea?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You'd probably need to use a custom sorting rule for every one of your fields along the lines of:

If(Only(Store) = SelectedStore,'000',FieldName)

where Fieldname is the field being sorted.

aheavy95
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for responding,

With your solution, once a user presses on a measure's title to sort the table on that measure, 

the specific store would not remain as the top row,  since the table is firstly sorted by the measure...

Or
MVP
MVP

That is correct. I'm not aware of any native way to change that behavior for measures within the object itself.

You might be able to work around this using Chart Level Scripting, with an algorithm along the lines of:

* Store line 1

* If it isn't the line we're looking for, store line 2 and replace it with line 1

* If the original (stored) line 2 isn't the line we're looking for, store line 3 and replace it with the original (stored) line 2

* Repeat until finding the line we're looking for

* Move the line we're looking for to line 1, and replace its original location with the last stored line

Just about a Bubble Sort, really, except the values are pre-sorted excluding a single line.