Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmercer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set analysis giving larger incorrect sum than no set analysis

Really strange issue which I'm at wits end trying to figure out. When I apply a filter to a field called "Source" for anything (e.g. "Electronic"), my set analysis measures ignore the filter. Example when filter is applied:

Sum({<Source={"Paper"}>}jobs) = 593k
Sum(jobs) = 0

Among other things I've tried deleting the source tables and re-adding with different field names and tried using a different field which creates the same problem. If I create a second field in the table with the exact same values (e.g. "Source2") with exact same values then filter on in the sheet instead, it will evaluate correctly (Sum({<Source={"Paper"}>}jobs) = 0)

Any ideas at what might be causing this and how I can avoid it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Change your expression to this

Sum({<Source *= {"Paper"}>} jobs)

Added * before the equal sign. which just means that honor the selection in Source field and basically show the intersection between what is selected and Source = Paper. So, if Paper is not selected the expression should just show 0 now. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
thomasmercer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Some images to help show what is happening:

clipboard_image_4.png

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_5.png

I don't understand what is causing the application to evaluate to not evaluate Paper Soruce = 0 when a different source is selected. This issue results in it evaluating the number of paper source jobs being greater than the number of all jobs:

clipboard_image_6.png

sunny_talwar

Change your expression to this

Sum({<Source *= {"Paper"}>} jobs)

Added * before the equal sign. which just means that honor the selection in Source field and basically show the intersection between what is selected and Source = Paper. So, if Paper is not selected the expression should just show 0 now. 

thomasmercer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny - never realised * was required for honoring the intersection. Works perfectly!

Cheers