Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCressman
Contributor
Contributor

Set expression not ignoring field selections

My app has two main data sources (DATA 1) and (DATA 2) that are linked through two synthetic keys [FUND WORK ITEM] and [ORG].

I have a chart that is summing [BUDGET_AUTHORIZED] based on the selection [FUND WORK ITEM] from (DATA 2)

the expression for the chart is as follows:
note 1* I have tried both lines and both do not achieve the desired result)
note 2* 'WKBOTHCOE' is a line item in (DATA 2) that I do not want to include in the sum)

//=sum({1<[FUND WORK ITEM]=$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)
=sum({1<[FUND WORK ITEM]=P([FUND WORK ITEM])>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)

-First I enter a selection for the [FUND WORK ITEM] I want to sum.... works fine no problems

-second I enter a selection for the [Date] field from (DATA 1) for a different table on the same sheet, This [Date] selection is cutting out values of [FUND WORK ITEM] from (Data 2) that I am trying to sum. but there is no synthetic key for [Date]. and there is no [Date] Field in (DATA 2). I cannot figure out why it is cutting lines of [FUND WORK ITEM] in (DATA 2) if there is no [Date] field to filter by.

I guess the problem is, I do not want the selection of [Date] to filter any [FUND WORK ITEM] further from (DATA 2)

2 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

sum({$<field ={"*"}-{yourvalues}>}[Total Value])

BCressman
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the replay, it just returns a 0 not matter what I do now. there is probably a lot of assumed skill that I don't have but here is the way I interpreted your line of code you posted...

sum({$<[FUND WORK ITEM]={"*"}-$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)

here is the break down of my interpretation....

sum({$<[FUND WORK ITEM]={"*"}-$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)           *The new code you recommended

sum({$<[FUND WORK ITEM]={"*"}-$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)              *This is the {yourvalues} portion of your recommendation.  I am want the chart to sum all [BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT] that matches the selection of [FUND WORK ITEM] the user inputs.

sum({$<[FUND WORK ITEM]={"*"}-$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)           *Any lines on (DATA 2) that have a WKBOTHCOE in the PMPPROJ_RESOURCE field I don't want to be included in the sum

sum({$<[FUND WORK ITEM]={"*"}-$::[FUND WORK ITEM]>*<PMPROJ_RESOURCE-={'WKBOTHCOE'}>}BUDGET_AUTHORIZED_AMT)       *This is the column of values I want to sum that match the selection of [FUND WORK ITEM] but exclude any lines with a 'WKBOTHCOE' in the [PMPPROJ_RESOURCE] column

and all of this has to not be effected when the user selects a second selection of [Date] that is in (DATA 1)