Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BetronParks
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing an App in a Stream

Hi All,

I am looking to share an App that I have made in the "Everyone" Stream with my manager and those senior to him. My manager has Qlik set-up, but his manager may not. What is the best way of sharing work?

As a side question, do you recommend having e.g. one internal (public) stream to share work with close colleagues and one 'production/live' stream that is then shared with a broader audience (or more senior managers)?

Thanks for any insights.

1 Reply
Williams579
Contributor
Contributor

The first one won't work. This issue is that the pipe primitive implemented by the OS is fundamentally non-seekable. The reason is supporting seek that would require the OS to buffer the entire pipe "contents" ... until the reading end closes. That is unimplementable unless you place a limit on the amount of data that can be sent through the pipe.

The second one won't work either, for pretty much the same reason. OS-level sockets are not seekable.

At one level, the final idea (a RAM file system) works, modulo that such a capability is supported by the Android OS. (A Ramfs file is seekable, after all.) However, a file stream is not a pipe. In particular the behaviour with respect to the end-of-file is different for a file stream and a pipe. And getting a file stream to look like a pipe stream from the perspective of the reader would entail some special code on that side. (The problem is similar to the problem of running tail -f on a log file ...)

Myloweslife