Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aag
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show months for curr year

Hello,

I am new to qlik and have been struggling to show just months for current year in X-axis of Combo chart.

I have a Combo chart where dimension is month and I have all the measures calculated to default to current year only. 

SUM({$<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}Sales) 

I have around 7 measures.. I have set all to current year only.

But in Combo chart, in X axis, all months are displayed from Jan to Dec,,, I want to see only the months for 2020 or max year. 

Appreciate if someone could help. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have other expressions in the chart? I am guessing you do because you mentioned a combo chart... are you using this same set analysis in all your expressions or not?

Aag
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny for looking into the question..  Yes I do have multiple measures and I am using set analysis for all expressions that is defaulted to current year. This is the one I used SUM({$<Year={$(=MAX(Year))}>}Sales)  but just changed the measure names.. 

I have another sheet in the same app that has a Year filter. But Combo chart is in another sheet within same app. I am guessing that Year filter is being applied to the combo chart as well. 

So if that is the case, I need to restrict that combo chart does not look at Year (Year from Date dim) filter.  

Let me know how to proceed. Thanks again!! 

sunny_talwar

So, you don't want Year filter on another sheet to impact year on this sheet?

Aag
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes please. You are right..