Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show rows conditional

Hello, 

I have a table with 3 dimensions and 3 KPIs. I want to show rows only if at least one of the KPI is not zero. Any suggestions how to solve this? I cant change anything within the loading skript, so this is not an option.

To make it a little bit more clear, I've tried to show you the possible combinations when a row shoud be shown and when not. 

Thanks in advance. 

Column-D1Column-D2Column-D3KPI1KPI2KPI3
ABCABCABC100
CBACBACBA010
asdasdasdasdasdasd001
asdasdasdasdasdasda110
asdasdasdasdasdaasdasda011
asdasdasdasdasdasda111
should not be displayedshould not be displayedshould not be displayed000

8 Replies
qlikerB96
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I am not sure of understanding your purpose and where do you want to solve that.

If you do not want to load the rows where all the KPI's are 0 you should use a where clause in the load station.

newTable:

Load

Column-D1,

Column-D2,

Column-D3,

KPI1,

KPI2,

KPI3

Resident table

Where (KPI1 > 0 or KPI2 > 0 or KPI3 > 0);

Good luck,

B.

new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In general, this would be the way I would do it. But as I said, i cant change the load-skript that I use right now. So my solution needs to be on a worksheet level. 

qlikerB96
Contributor III
Contributor III

Oh, I see.

So in this case you shold use an IF clause in the Table chart when you add the dimension.  The same check as in the load script: IF(dim1 >0 or dim2 >0 or dim3>0, dim1) and the same for the other dimensions.

And after that you should uncheck the checkbox of 'Include null values'

B.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@qlikerB96 

I would think rather "and" logical operator 

IF(KPI1 >0 and KPI2 >0 and KPI3 >0, <Your First Dimension>)

IF(KPI1 >0 and KPI2 >0 and KPI3 >0, <Your Second Dimension>)

IF(KPI1 >0 and KPI2 >0 and KPI3 >0, <Your Third Dimension>) etc.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlikerB96
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

If he wants to show a cloumn if at least one KPI is not 0 he has to use the 'or ' operator .

In case of using 'and' all the KPI's must be grater than 0.

AND-Logic-Gate-and-OR-Logic-Gate.png

But maybe I misunderstood the task.

B.

new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok, so we had similar ideas.

I've also tried a statement like "if(KPI1>0,Dim1)" when I add a dimension. The problem is that Qlik is gives me an error when I do it like this. Its an invalid dimension. 

qlikerB96
Contributor III
Contributor III

Could you attach a printscreen or source code?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@new_guy 

Dim1 is many not be exactly the dimension what you have in your model. Check the Dimension properly how it looks? By seeing you image it should be

if(KPI1>0,[Column-D1])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful