Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Show table headers for a table with out data

I have a table with dimensions only, no measures. Also I have a filter pane. Depending on options from the filter pane I'm showing data in the table. For example, in filter pane I have degrees . Depending on the selected degree I show corresponding specialties in my table. But if no options are selected in the filter pane I'm getting error message "incomplete visualization".  Ideally, I'd like to have by default empty table with column headers(labels) but without data. When end user  chooses options in filter pane, information will appear in the table. If it's not possible, I'd be happy to have at least white screen with filter pane(no error message) and let users select options in filter pane.  Please help!

P.S. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong way and should use buttons of something else? I'm open to different options. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

19 Replies
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's my formula

=if(GetselectedCount(Degree)>0,1,0)

Where can I put user message? 

Digvijay_Singh

Digvijay_Singh_0-1634834547228.png

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Perhaps I'm in the wrong menu...but I don't have this field. Where Can I find it?

Ethel_0-1634834836436.png

Digvijay_Singh

Digvijay_Singh_0-1634835480985.png

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you! I found this field! If I put in the message field 123, I'm getting 123 instead of error message. But if I'm entering  =' ' or =(' ')  I'm getting an error message instead of empty field. What should I enter to avoid getting any messages? If it's possible? 

Digvijay_Singh

May be this - 

=chr(32)

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much!!!! It is working!

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi  

PREVIEW

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

should be  =if(GetSelectedCount(field),1,0) in calculation condition

Digvijay_Singh

Hi,

Calculation condition if results into 0 should show the error message, to suppress the error message we used =chr(32) in the error message.

Calculation condition = 1 should show you the table, indirectly it means you made selections in the filters so you should be checking getselectedcount(fieldname)>1, that should result into 1 if you made selection in the field of your filter pane.

But you won't see anything when your calculation condition is 0 because the whole chart is not calculated at all.

Thanks,