Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Show table headers for a table with out data

I have a table with dimensions only, no measures. Also I have a filter pane. Depending on options from the filter pane I'm showing data in the table. For example, in filter pane I have degrees . Depending on the selected degree I show corresponding specialties in my table. But if no options are selected in the filter pane I'm getting error message "incomplete visualization".  Ideally, I'd like to have by default empty table with column headers(labels) but without data. When end user  chooses options in filter pane, information will appear in the table. If it's not possible, I'd be happy to have at least white screen with filter pane(no error message) and let users select options in filter pane.  Please help!

P.S. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong way and should use buttons of something else? I'm open to different options. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

May be this - 

=chr(32)

View solution in original post

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

should be  =if(GetSelectedCount(field),1,0) in calculation condition

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Normally we use Add-on->Calculated condition option to check if there is a desired selection in the Filter pane or not, if not then we can define customized message along with calculated condition. But I haven't checked if the calculated condition is processed before it throws error in the table.

Digvijay_Singh

If possible, please share sample app to try related possible options.

kettie12
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't long ago when I looked at sticky headers and footers in HTML s in the blog post A table with both a sticky header and a sticky. foodmenuprices 

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Could you please explain where should I make changes in html?

Thank you!

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm new to Qlik Sense, sorry for  a probably stupid question...Where can I find "Add on"? 

Please see two examples . 1st example when nothing is selected and I'm getting an error message, second message with selection. I want to give this report to end users and allow them to make selections. And I don't want them to see error message that visualization is incomplete. As soon as they make selection, data appears on the screen.

Thank you very much in advance!

Ethel_3-1634830480686.png

Ethel_0-1634830385149.png

Digvijay_Singh

I meant if you can check something like this - if (GetSelectedCount(Fieldname),1) in the below table property and customized the message, but I am not sure yet if it wouldn't throw the error and first would show your customized message.

Digvijay_Singh_0-1634833250290.png

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's exactly what I'm doing to be able to show data in the table when end user makes selection.(I have many options in the filter pane and several columns in the table). But I'm getting this error message when nothing is selected. Is it possible to remove it or let qlik sense know that it's ok to have nothing selected? 

Digvijay_Singh

You mean you have written condition in the add-on section in the calculated condition?

Digvijay_Singh

Not sure about the blank table but at least you should be able to show proper customized user message instead of error if calculated condition works properly.