Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlandsittel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Simple sum question

Or should be simple:

I have a tool being used to track census (both historical and current). To determine if a patient is active I am using:

if (len(DischargeDate)=0 and SOC <=today(),1) as ActiveCount,

during the load. This gives me a field with 1 in it if the patient is currently active. I am them just totaling this field (sum(ActiveCount)) to show the current census. The problem being, this total is off.

If I look and export the data associated, I can total up the ActiveCount column and get the correct number-however in Qlik, I am getting some duplicate entries showing up.

My question is - if a row does not show in a results table - where would this be coming from. Kind of hard to upload the tool w/the patient names but I can mask if that is needed.

Any thoughts as to why a count of a field would not match the data that is viewable in a table or exported to excel and then counted?

2 Replies
Not applicable

Can you pass a PatientID and perform a COUNT(DISTINCT instead? this would remove duplicates

e.g. IF(LEN(DischargeDate)=0 AND SOC <= TODAY(),[PatientID]) AS ActiveCount

COUNT( DISTINCT ActiveCount)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Any thoughts as to why a count of a field would not match the data that is viewable in a table or exported to excel and then counted?

Are you using a table box to view and export? A table box only shows distinct combinations of column values, no duplicate lines.