Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slow IE 11 on Qlik Sense build 37

I am new to Qlik and didn't know where to start so I figured I would start with a discussion... My developers have reached out to support and have not fixed this issue...

We are seeing some very long delays displaying table data in IE11. The delays are only seen in IE and Edge. We don't use edge but I tested it anyway. IE11 on windows 7 is my approved and standard browser and I don't want to start supporting multiple browsers in my environment.

I tested it with my Core I7 3.5 ghz 3770k cpu 16 gb ram, striped ssd drives, pc windows 10 box as well as a windows 7 box with 8gb of ram and a good processor.

Load times from login to dashboard are similar about 3.5 seconds. On an app that displays just a large table we are seeing a huge difference in load times. all times in seconds on the same machine. These times vary slightly but are consistent across my user base.

Login to DashboardSheet load Data table onlySheet load table data onlySheet load graphs and small data table
MS Edge 25.105863.5 sec73.5 sec13.8 sec4.5 sec
Chrome 50.0.26614.25 sec1.9 sec1.8 sec1.5 sec
IE11.1623 sec38.5 sec11.3 sec5.25 sec
FireFox 46.0.1 (with Fire IE plugin)4.5 sec15.5 sec1.5 sec1.2 sec

We have built a crazy beefy server to host this data and originally thought it was a problem with the QVDs or server. However, as we started testing it in other browsers we realized its only in IE.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Anthony

10 Replies
damian_thomson
Contributor II
Contributor II

We have been advised to install September 2017 Patch 1 - this is still reporting incompatible mime/type but does resolve the performance issues with internet explorer for us.