Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braham
Creator
Creator

Sorting by Alternative measures for a line graph

Afternoon everyone,

I am just starting to use Qlik Sense after many years of using QLikView.

Trust someone will be able to assist with using the sort function with a line chart that has 10 lines (ie the dimension being displayed has 10 distinct values). I have created an alternative measure, so in total I have 2 measures. The user of the QS model can then choose which measure they want to look at.

I would like my legend to be ordered by the value of the lines in the graph. I can achieve this by creating a sort expression for the dimension that is reflected in the legend. This works well if you have 1 measure. However, if I change to the alternative measure the sort for that dimension remains according to the sort expression, which is for the first dimension.

In effect I need to be able to say in the sort expression, if using the original measure use this sort expression, but if the measure is changed to the alternative measure use a different sort expression. Is there a Qlik Sense function that will tell me which measure is being displayed in the graph.

Any ideas on how to achieve this will be appreciated.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

2 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Try the solution suggested here: Sorting Based on Measure Selected Value.

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Steeefan, work perfectly, GetObjectMeasure() is exactly the function I needed to use.