Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orangebloss
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorting by column value and then hiding in pivot table

I'm trying to hide a column in my pivot table using the 'Show column if' and entering a condition that will always hide it.

I want to sort my table by resource start date (dd/mm/yyyy) which is the first column but then hide it as it's irrelevant to the rest of the information. The condition I've used here is count[date]<0 but it returns a 'calculation condition is not met' and the sort function (on first column) doesn't work. if I change this to >0 then the column shows.

Extensive searching of how to hide a column seems to suggest this formula should work. Moving the column and using the auto sort doesn't produce the correct sort order, it just sorts at that level rather than the top level so it would need to be the first column.

orangebloss_0-1684483103739.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@orangebloss  why don't you simply put  0 (zero) in show column if because you always want to hide it? But it will not take part in sorting instead put this Date in sorting expression of other dimension

orangebloss
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks - how would I do that?

Kushal_Chawda

@orangebloss  for that I would like to know with example how would you like to sort it.