Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
repetto74
Contributor II
Contributor II

Star Schema DWH showing red dotted lines (circula references?)

Dear all,

I kindly need your help on this issue. I am new to QlikSense and BI in general but I am willing to learn. I have modeled a Star Schema DWH for a case study. I have created several Dimensions tables connected to a Fact table using the Kimball methodology of Surrogate keys in Dimension tables associated to Foreign key in the fact table.

All looks good within SQL Management Studio where a couple of sql queries are giving the expected result. I have loaded all my tables into QlikSense and generated the script. I selected the associations between tables fields according to my star schema model (in this Qlik advise with a red status when checking if data matches).

The result is a schema with dotted red lines for each association between Dimension Tables and the Fact Table. Why is that? Most important how can I fix this?

I need really to pass through this bottleneck as the case study deadline is for this Sunday :-(. I spent a lot of time and energy in modeling the schema, creating tables and going through a lot of SSIS manipulation. I am sure this is not a big deal but just my poor knowledge of QlikSense.

Many thanks in advance and stay safe home 🙂

Rick

Sans titre.jpgSans titre2.jpgSans titre3.jpg

Labels (4)
0 Replies