Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Start filter pane with DEFAULT value

Can I start a filter pane with a default value.

I have a list, and I want to start always with 20, the user can select afterwards another value.

Load * Inline

[

Valor

];

Thanks in advance! JW

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jose,

You can create an action on open:

Select in field

Filed name Valor

Search string 20

Not applicable
Author

Can we create actions in Sense?  I could not find a way to do it in Sense.

We can create action/trigger in QlikView.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Probably not.  Sorry didn't pay attention it was Sense.

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Triggers and Actions aren't available in the current version of Qlik Sense.

Maybe you can use an if formula(in filter pane) to pre-select the value but not sure about that.

Best regards

Ronny

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I would like to implement similar setup where I can set defaults for all my filters. Later users can choose to amend/remove default filter values if needed. I did see another conversation regarding set analysis. However in that case, I need to set defaults for each measure on the page for all the possible filters. Instead, I am wondering if there is a way to set default to filter dimension itself.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Greeshma

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had the same issue this morning. What I did fairly seems to work ,

for example, my application was to display the top x rows in a table where x was to be selected by the user. What I did was in the table's dimension Limitation section, I put this expression:

if(GetSelectedCount(show_top)=1,show_top,5)

here show_top is an inline table, with value from 1-10. So initially the top 5 rows will be displayed but if the user selects something else or multiple, it will display 5 rows