Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardLee
Creator
Creator

Static Charts

I have several charts which use

If([Date.Size]='4mm',Avg([Actual Cost £]))

or similar to get the data. How can I make the chart visual and data stay regardless of the filters selected.   

Labels (2)
15 Replies
RichardLee
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you all for trying to help but everything that I have tried you can still filter the chart

nothing is making it static.

edwin
Master II
Master II

you need to make sure that any filter you want ignored should be in the set analysis in the form of

Field= 

or just

Field

this means ignore the filter.  obviously, if you have more than one field to ignore, they should be separated by a comma

edwin
Master II
Master II

adding {1} should ignore all filters as well.  so if any filter is still being recognized, something else is affecting it.  look at all the measures.

one thing you can do is create a new chart and just add a single measure and see if the problem persists.  and start building on it until your problem manifests itself.

Angela_Zhou
Contributor III
Contributor III

@RichardLee 
Try to start with a chart with only one dimension and your AVG formula, and see if it works. 
If works, try to add other Dim/measure one-at-a-time to see which Dim/Measure broken it.

Since you did not post enough information here, like a whole chart screenshot with all data dimensions & measures, it is very hard to tell where is the root cause.

Angela Z.
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

1) do you have a calculated dimension?

2) is the chart assigned to an alternate state?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
RichardLee
Creator
Creator
Author

No the Dimension is not Calculated and it doesn't have an Alternate sate