Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
draghici1109
Creator
Creator

Store a table in a text file without the header

Greetings from Freiburg in SW Germany!

I want to store a table in QV/QS in a text file format, like this:

STORE Test INTO [..\DATA\PROFIS\ERGEBNISSE\$(vPraefixDateiName)-test_ohne_header.txt](txt,delimiter is ';');

If I do so, Qlik will store also the header (name of the columns), like in the screenshot bellow:

draghici1109_0-1704811143290.png

I want to store the table without the first line containing the header (column names, separated by 😉

Many Thanks in advance!

Alexandru

Alexandru Draghici
BICC at Komm.ONE
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anat
Master
Master

you may give a try by  running  the  script by using Execute command.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Sc...

but we dont have direct feature 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, that's not an option from within the script. You might be able to achieve something like this using Automations in SaaS. As a possible workaround in the script, you could peek at the first value of each field, use that as the field name for a separate load where you read everything *except* the first line, and then Store that. You'd end up with the first line replacing the header row, which I think would achieve the same thing as storing without the header?

draghici1109
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank your for your answer.

We use Qlik on premise. 

I understand your workaround, yet it would cost me to much time to write the code. I am speaking about 60 Tables from SAP FI, and each table has sometimes a few dozen of fields... 

Do you have be accident a sample code for this?

Alexandru Draghici
BICC at Komm.ONE
anat
Master
Master

you may give a try by  running  the  script by using Execute command.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Sc...

but we dont have direct feature 

draghici1109
Creator
Creator
Author

I had a similer project with the same issue. I solved with the execute command and using some DOS-commands

Alexandru Draghici
BICC at Komm.ONE
marcus_sommer

Beside this you may do it with less code in Qlik with something like:

for f = 1 to nooffields('t')
   map: mapping load fieldname($(f), 't') as Lookup, peek(fieldname($(f), 't'), 0, 't') as Return
   autogenerate 1;
next

x: load * resident t where recno() > 1; 
rename fields using map; store x into x.txt (txt); drop tables x;

which might be also wrapped within a loop over all tables and outsourced in a routine which is fetched per include-variable ...