Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rxp03570
Creator
Creator

Subfield Calculation

Hi,

I do have a requirement where I have to check if any of the subfield data is greater than 0, I have a column(Attribute1) where data is in the format 0/43/61. Here I have to check the if any of the available three values are greater than zero, if yes it is Success or Failed.

Finally I have to do a count of all the success and failures depending on the data. Can someone help me with the logic.

Can we achieve it using Sub field function?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

use something like below in your script

if(

(SubField('0/43/61','/',1)+SubField('0/43/61','/',2)+SubField('0/43/61','/',3))>0

,1,0) as  SuccessCounter

hope it helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

use something like below in your script

if(

(SubField('0/43/61','/',1)+SubField('0/43/61','/',2)+SubField('0/43/61','/',3))>0

,1,0) as  SuccessCounter

hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dilip that will not work unfortunately, because if you add all the values they will be greater than 0 even if one of the fields was 0.

Instead, I would recommend doing the below in the script and just do a sum on the front end to get the count of the number of success or failures.

if(SubField(TextField,'/',1)>0,IF(SubField(TextField,'/',2)>0,IF(SubField(TextField,'/',3)>0,1,0) )) as SuccessFlag

if(SubField(TextField,'/',1)=0,IF(SubField(TextField,'/',2)=0,IF(SubField(TextField,'/',3)=0,1,0) )) as FailureFlag

On the front end you can just sum(Successflag) or Failureflag

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have to check the if any of the available three values are greater than zero,

Key word is any