Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sum of members if overall client balance greater than 0. Aggr, IF, SUM and multiple conditions.

Hi Guys

I have thought of an example to ask that I think will answer some other questions I have.

I have members, members belong to clients. I want to check if at a client level there have been any payments in the previous month along with a few other criteria that I include in the models set analysis.

I want to display this calculation on a member detail level but it doesn't look right to me...

This is the calculation that I'm using and I will make notes below it, maybe something stands out. Specifically the last amount that I want to be the result.

sum(

if(
aggr(
sum(
{<
txtDescription12INDICATOR = {'AVC'},
dteEffectiveDate11 = {"<=$(vStartOfEndDate)>=$(vEndDatePrevMonth)"}, 
ExitTypeINDICATOR = {'-1'} 
>}
numAmount + numAmountInt ),ClientID)
> 0 ,

numAmount + numAmountInt

, 0 )

)

MemberLocationAgeSum of Contributions

SA28100
234ZA2950
556ZA30-
291SA3196

In a sentence: I want to check whether there are any amounts for specific criteria at a client level, and then display the amount that is applicable to that Member level, which is the lowest level.

I hope that I have explained this in enough detail.

James

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({<ClientID = {"=Sum({<txtDescription12INDICATOR = {'AVC'}, dteEffectiveDate11 = {[<=$(vStartOfEndDate)>=$(vEndDatePrevMonth)]}, ExitTypeINDICATOR = {'-1'}>} numAmount + numAmountInt) > 0"}>} numAmount + numAmountInt)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({<ClientID = {"=Sum({<txtDescription12INDICATOR = {'AVC'}, dteEffectiveDate11 = {[<=$(vStartOfEndDate)>=$(vEndDatePrevMonth)]}, ExitTypeINDICATOR = {'-1'}>} numAmount + numAmountInt) > 0"}>} numAmount + numAmountInt)

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, I have seen I have a slightly different criteria and am only doing this on a member level but this approach above still helps me get to the answer!

Using the MembersID = ( sum (with criteria) > 0 )