Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QS_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Suppress Labels on a multi-line line chart

I have a line chart with five lines, each representing a different year. I want the data labels to be displayed for only the current year.

Initially, I used two dimensions and one measure, where one of the dimensions was the year, to implement the line chart.  However, I've been playing around with different things since I wanted to suppress the labels. I created master measures for each year. The line chart now has five measures and only one dimension. For example, the measure for the current year is like so

({<[FLT_DATE.Calendar.YearsAgo]={0},FLT_DATE=>}[Total Retained])

the measure for last year would be as follows.

({<[FLT_DATE.Calendar.YearsAgo]={1},FLT_DATE=>}[Total Retained])

I considered using a dual function on this measure, where the first part/text would be a Null(), and the second part would be the calculation.

Dual(Null(),({<[FLT_DATE.Calendar.YearsAgo]={0},FLT_DATE=>}[Total Retained]))

But this makes the line disappear.

Is there any way to suppress data labels when there are multiple lines involved in a line chart?

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aruneshgupta
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think using a combo chart and adding five lines of expressions. Subsequently, generate a master measure for the current year, specifying the color as white (for transparent). Add this measure to the chart, enabling data points for the bar chart only to view the data points. Color should be slected libarary in the chart. 

Best Reagards,

Arunesh kumar 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
aruneshgupta
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think using a combo chart and adding five lines of expressions. Subsequently, generate a master measure for the current year, specifying the color as white (for transparent). Add this measure to the chart, enabling data points for the bar chart only to view the data points. Color should be slected libarary in the chart. 

Best Reagards,

Arunesh kumar 

QS_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much, Arunesh! Your suggestion worked exactly as I had wanted it to.