Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huxleys
Contributor II
Contributor II

T-SQL Ranking Function logic in Qlik Sense load script?

Hi,

I currently work with a QVD copy of our OLTP SQL database - Source Layer has QVD tables for every table in SQL databases. I'm attempting to transform a table to fit my data model, and in T-SQL I would use a ranking function like:

WITH temp AS

(

SELECT BuildID,

StatusID,

UserID,

DateTime,

Units,

Row_Number() OVER (PARTITION BY BuildID ORDER BY  DateTime DESC) AS rnk

FROM dbo.BuildStatus

WHERE CAST(DateTime AS Date) = CAST(GetDate() AS Date)

)

SELECT *

FROM temp

WHERE rnk=1

ORDER BY BuildID DESC

This would give me a record for each BuildID with the most recent StatusID (I do not need the historical changes to StatusID as this is a real-time dashboard for production and the Source Layer reloads every minute with incremental load).

How could I achieve this strictly in the Qlik load script with Qlik syntax, as I am not directly querying a SQL table and I am instead transforming a QVD?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Huxleys,

First load the qvd into memory as below:

Source:
LOAD BuildID, StatusID, UserID, DateTime, Units FROM YourQvdFilePath (qvd)
WHERE Floor(DateTime) = Today();

Then, first order the table in the memory and then apply ranking as below, afterwards apply filter for getting the highest ranks.

Ranked:
NoConcatenate
LOAD * WHERE rnk = 1;
LOAD BuildID, StatusID, UserID, DateTime, Units, AutoNumber(RecNo(),BuildID) as rnk Resident Source ORDER BY BuildID ASC, DateTime DESC;

Drop Table Source;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Huxleys,

First load the qvd into memory as below:

Source:
LOAD BuildID, StatusID, UserID, DateTime, Units FROM YourQvdFilePath (qvd)
WHERE Floor(DateTime) = Today();

Then, first order the table in the memory and then apply ranking as below, afterwards apply filter for getting the highest ranks.

Ranked:
NoConcatenate
LOAD * WHERE rnk = 1;
LOAD BuildID, StatusID, UserID, DateTime, Units, AutoNumber(RecNo(),BuildID) as rnk Resident Source ORDER BY BuildID ASC, DateTime DESC;

Drop Table Source;

Huxleys
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Brilliant - thank you! I'll keep the combination of AutoNumber and preceding load in mind for the future.