Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samscudd
Contributor
Contributor

Taking the Average of the Daily Value of Several Measures (or applying set expressions to a Measures)

Hi All!

So I'm trying to put together a KPI field to show the percentage of time that is the equivalent of an operationality for a fleet machines.  

I've been to start by creating several measures that show the operational availability at each individual site, and I can list these side by side on the same graph.  However, I would like to combine all of these these to get a fleetwide operational availability.   Ideally, it would be a single KPI that would be a:

7-Day Fleetwide Operational Availability: XX%

For example, if the daily operational availability at each site might look something like this:

samscudd_0-1653745993053.png

I can create another measure that finds the average of these on a daily basis and include the trendline:

samscudd_1-1653746871930.png

But because of how I am calculating the average, which is from a table that includes the list of the events where the system is offline at each site and the duration of events and includes a bunch of of conditional statements, I can't seem to get this into a single KPI.

So does anyone know if I can average the values of a measure over several days and turn it into a KPI?  Also, is it possible to use set expressions with measures to create a new measure?  If either of these things are possible, I think I would be able to create the KPI I'm looking for!

Thanks!

Sam

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Angela_Zhou
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's hard to give you advice without seeing  "how you are calculating the average".  Let's assume you daily average in the chart as:
      Avg(daily calculating)

Try this in your KPI:

Avg(
   Aggr(
          Avg(daily calculating)

, Site)
)

Angela Z.