Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Tasks migration from one server to another server

Dear All

I am migrating one server data to another server in qliksense, and i want to migrate all the tasks of QMC to new server QMC

Can anyone help in this?

Thanks

6 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

To move/migrate one environment to another environment, here is the process:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000041283

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Thanks @Giuseppe_Novello 

I have an external SAN drive where we will be putting all the backups(QVF,QVD,DATA,PostgreSQL) created for current running server and Qlikshare folder will be created on that drive only.

Now i have one new server which will be central node and nw it will be connected through that SAN drive and all the files will be accessed through that drive only.

So my question is while installing the qliksense on central node, when it will ask for root folder, we'll put the SAN drive path ?

Giuseppe_Novello

So my question is while installing the qliksense on central node, when it will ask for root folder, we'll put the SAN drive path ?

Yes, but this will only to implement the Qlik Shared folder( apps, StaticContent, archive logs, CustomData). Then within the next steps, it will ask you where you want to store the QS install, you can modify that too, BUT the program data files, are not movable, unless you do a Symbolic link  (read more: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000007284) note that this is not supported, but I can tell you that it works, several other customer have implemented and they are working fine. 

Giuseppe Novello
shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Thanks @Giuseppe_Novello  QS installation on central node is fine.

I am creating a cluster wherein a third node will be a scheduler node. I just wanted to know how to configure that third node as scheduler node i.e. how that node will activate only to reload tasks? What are the settings and services that i need to enable to get such configuration?

Giuseppe_Novello

Once you add the 3rd node to QMC, in the enable services, make sure that scheduler is enable and the within that node the scheduler service is running. 

Giuseppe Novello
rajagenentech
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Shivesingh,

If you already got the solution, good luck. If not, see the below. 

For your question "how that node will activate only to reload tasks?". I would advise you to install all the services normally like you would do for a Central node, and you may turn off 'Qlik Logging Service' ( The Node still collects Logs dont worry). 

In the QMC > Nodes > Create New > Name the node as Scheduler > Under Node roles > check Both the options 'Scheduler' & 'Engine', as a Scheduler always needs an Engine to function. Check the Node purpose option as Both. 

RDC into the Scheduler Node and type the URL that the node has generated with the Password, into IE browser , and your Scheduler node is all set. All the Job tasks will run via Scheduler ( as you seem to have only 1 Scheduler Node). If you want to add another, just repeat the same process; as the load balancing of running the list of Tasks will happen between them based on the Default Load balancing algorithm that exists in the QlikSense Installation Program. 

Hope this Helps you. 🙂