cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrcstmit
Contributor II
Contributor II

Text search on field issue

Hi. I have an issue with the text-search function on field. With a content such  as "M1C1 I1.5.Cybersecurity", the search option does not found any substring of the word "Cybersecurity". The same happens searching the word "Cloud" with contents like "1-Cloud transformation" (but if I search for "transformation" I find the instance).

tex-search_0.png                  tex-search_1.png

If I use the smart search instead, qliksense correctly finds the correct instance

intelligent_search.png

Can someone tell me if it is a general problem? Is it related to the version of QlikSense - August 2021 patch 3 - that we are using?

Please help me to find a solution. Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Had you looked on the search-mode?

" ... Text search is separated into two different search modes: normal search and wildcard search ..."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
anat
Master
Master

mrcstmit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I already checked the help documentation, but unfortunately it doesn't explain the odd behaviour I've found

marcus_sommer

Had you looked on the search-mode?

" ... Text search is separated into two different search modes: normal search and wildcard search ..."

mrcstmit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

With the wildcard search it actually works! In text search the existance of an alphanumeric prefix, even if separated by a period, is considered part of the word. I have to use the "* wildcard" to find the substring.

tex-search_2.png

What confuses me is that the smart search function (the one on the top left of the screen) does not need any wildcard as it considers the punctuation an actual separator

intelligent_search.png